[ubuntu-art] Re: gnome splash

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:42:57 CDT 2005

On 8/30/05, bmgz <bmg2x at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, I did a quick mockup. This is just to illustrate the fullscreen splash.
> The image can be found here:
> http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/6321/breezysplash018vz.png

Hey, that's not half bad. :o) Since it's just a quick mockup, I'll
throw out some quick comments.

I like the thin band. Almost like you're opening an expensive gift or
box of chocolates. :o) I'd like to see some variations with the band
in different locations. If I were doing it I'd probably put the band
the height of the band above absolute center.

The band also could be the same color and transparency across the
whole screen - as if it were a semi-transparent piece of cloth or
ribbon laid across the screen. Perhaps it's an optical illusion, but
right now it looks significantly darker on the right side, making the
logo really pop out. That may be a good thing, but I'd like to see a
variation with the logo more subtle.

I like the "pill logo" and how it goes off the edge of the screen. The
way it sits on the band looks a little "off" somehow. Perhaps it could
be either slightly wider or narrower than the band.

As I said, these are just suggestions for mockup ideas. Personally I
think the concept looks great!

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu