[ubuntu-art] Introduction: Trae "occy" McCombs

Trae McCombs occy at occy.net
Mon Aug 1 09:24:08 CDT 2005

Hello gang,

I am interested in helping out with the Ubuntu Art project.  If I
understand it correctly, this will be where the bulk of the decisions
are made regarding the overall graphical presentation to the world for
Ubuntu?  This is what I am concerned with.

Is Jdub going to be involved with this project as he is the overall
Project manager for Ubuntu right?

For now, most of my time will simply be in giving feedback on various
things as I see them.  I don't have too much time to devote to graphics
creation, but having someone with a good eye to bounce things off of can
be quite helpful.

My background?

Well, I started themes.org back in... 97/98, and went on to found
Linux.com.  I sorta helped get Sourceforge.net off the ground too. (I
hired Tony Guntharp to found and build the project).

Currently I am simply building web pages and don't do much with themes
per se.  I wouldn't mind getting back into it.  My idea is to have a
good default setup so that people don't have to worry about their theme
and can concentrate on simply getting work done.

I'm on #ubuntu-artwork now, and will see you guys around.

Thanks for your time,
Trae

--
Trae "occy" McCombs || http://occy.net/