habits

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri Dec 23 20:30:58 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:22:19PM -0700, Scott wrote:
> My point still stands. It should be part of the default installation.

Hm, if someone would insist that way in ALT's mailing lists a few
people (including me) would honestly recommend staying on RHL/FC
for that matter.

I had really hard time explaining one (more experienced than me)
person with large and heavy RHL childhood that actually
monolithic "perl" package is evil and installing fine-grained
packages onto development and production systems is better, even
if figuring out the proper list is harder at the beginning.
But then it pays by less code and less bugs.

Some year later he agreed and thanked.

This is just the same matter, a habit is actually bad one
and it's actually better to get rid of it than insist.

If there's not enough proof up the thread, I can crank up
a bit more but highly doubt it would be listened to. :-)
Everyone prefers own habits, no matter how broken.
Me too, it seems.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>