VMware Player press release and Ubuntu Virtual Machine

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 08:05:58 GMT 2005

> A press release about VMware Player:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051212/sfm116.html?.v=24
>
> But what interesting for this list is that it quotes Mark
> Shuttleworth, announcing an Ubuntu virtual machine for the VMware
> Player:
>
> "VMware Player is a truly exciting development because it allows
> anyone to easily adopt Ubuntu's friendly interfaces and powerful
> features within the comfort of their existing environment," said Mark
> Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu. "We are pleased to offer a
> pre-configured Ubuntu virtual machine so anyone can start using Ubuntu
> immediately."
>

> It is available here:
> http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/ubuntu.html

Another small quote on this story, this one explaining why Ubuntu is
one of the VM offered by VMware:

"Why Ubuntu Linux? 'We thought it had the most intuitive interface,'
says Srinivas Krishnamurti, VMware group product manager. "

http://www.redmondmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=7086

--
Daniel Robitaille