kcontrol cups admin lock on "Administrator Mode"

Liz Young liz at kandew.com
Mon Mar 28 00:08:36 CST 2005

On Sun March 27 2005 08:13 pm, Jason Straight wrote:
> I get a lockup when I go to admin mode under printers in kcontrol -
> how's this working for everyone else?

Not.  I get a password prompt.  After entering my user password, I get
returned to the "Welcome to the KDE Control Center" page.

I can run it from Kmenu -> Print System -> Print Manager, but I also
have the root account enabled on this workstation.  Clicking
Adminstator Mode brings up the " Run as root - KDE su" dialog box, not
the sudo user dialog.  I managed to kill the CUPS server by entering my
user password the first time,  and had to restart it.

-Liz