Edubuntu - configuring for multiple monitor support

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 22 12:29:10 UTC 2008

Hi Tom

Tom Reaney wrote:
> I would like to use Edubuntu and OpenOffice Impress to drive three
> seperate VGA video outputs for three monitors functioning as
> message/information screens in a Secondary School.

Would these displays have to display the same information, or different
slideshows?

> Assuming I put an appropriate video card in the PC - suggestions for ISA
> cards and drivers would be appreciated - is Impress capable of driving
> three seperate video outputs simultaneously?

Perhaps you mean PCI or AGP slots? ISA cards aren't supported in many
Linux distributions. ISA slots are those big old black slots (picture on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_Standard_Architecture).

I've read previously that if you want to have unique content on each
display, you can only go up to 2. I think that you'll be able to get a
cloned output with 3 displays with the tool that is available from the
Preferences menu (Labeled Screen Resolution). Do you already have the
hardware?

-Jonathan