Wow! What a great day!

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Aug 29 00:02:20 UTC 2007

mantha at ubuntu.com writes:
>Rock on! That is so sweet.
>
>I'm curious, of course, about the grades (elementary?) and what apps
>the teacher's are stoked about.I'm also wondering about what web
>resources and non-Edubuntu resources they are using.

Grades K-8  about 600 users

Apps...

Celestia was a huge crowd pleaser....as was Stellarium

OpenOffice with all the clip art and templates I loaded.  We should talk
about this....the extensions from OxygenOffice (formerly OpenOffice
Premium) are free and may even be Creative Commons or FOSS....they add a
lot of templates and clipart to the mix...important to elementary teachers
and believe it or not....one of the things that has actually caused
OpenOffice to win out over MS office for them.

Younger kids....the old standby's....Tuxpaint, Childsplay, GCompris....etc.

Online apps....Google Docs, Google Notebook, Zoho Notebook, Zoho Writer,
TeacherTube....etc.....

We have a Google Apps for Education account

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org