Edubuntu and printing from qt apps

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Aug 22 18:53:34 UTC 2007

Ok....here's my issue.  I have an email client (FirstClass) *Canadian
company, Scotty B*  that uses the qt internal printing methods.  I tried
another qt application called "qtodo" and it too has the same issue...so I
know it's an issue with qt and printing from qt apps.  What happens is
this....I click "Print" via the icon in the app or the pull-down menu
(File>Print) and it pops up the printing dialog, but there are no printers
listed in the window.  There are printers installed as they work fine in
every other application.  My guess is that something is strange with the
edubuntu/ubuntu setup that isn't propagating the printer settings in a way
that qt understands.  I may be missing a dependency or something....anyone
got any ideas?  I need to get this working for school.  Thx.  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org