specs for running 35 machines

Alex Craven krei at it.net.au
Wed Aug 15 07:56:16 UTC 2007

Hi Sameer,

I can help out with the specs, but a little more detail on what you're
trying to achieve would be useful... specifically:

What functionality will the server actually be providing for the
clients? Also, how will the clients typically be used? (ie, what's the
setting?) Given the client specs I'm guessing primarily authentication
and file sharing (ie, not a thin-client arrangement), but how about
printing, (local) mail, web proxy, etc? How much load do you expect
typically, and what sort of availability is required?

This is drifting a little OT for the -devel list, so perhaps reply off list.

Cheers,
Alex.