Gutsy 64-bit Questions

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Aug 8 16:11:08 UTC 2007

I am trying to test the Gutsy Tribe 3 64-bit Edubuntu.  I have built a server which by
default builds the amd64 tree and images.  I need to build an i386 tree and images.  If
I run "ltsp-build-client --arch i386 --base /opt/ltsp" I can build the tree.  My
/etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf still points to /opt/i386/nbi.img and the root-path of
/opt/ltsp/i386.  Now the question I have is about the ltsp-update-image command.  When I
run this it rebuilds the /opt/ltsp/images/amd64.img and /etc/inetd.conf points to this
image as well.

I don't really understand what image dhcpd.conf should now be pointing to and how to
build a /opt/ltsp/images/i386.img or if that is even needed.

At this point my client boots and gets the initial Edubuntu splash screen and the orange
progress bar loads about 1/4".  The it goes to a blank screen and hangs.  If I
ctrl+alt+f1 I see a screen that lists the following as the last few lines and it sits
here indefinitely:

rootserver: 10.6.1.155  rootpath: /opt/ltsp/i386
filename:  /ltsp/i386/nbi.img
Negotiation: ..size 122592KB
bs=1024, sz=122592KB

Any help would be appreciated.