[Fwd: Re: Installing Edubuntu]

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 28 14:40:36 UTC 2006

i suppose that was targeted to the list...

Von: Edward Holcroft <eholcroft at gmail.com>
An: Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com>
Betreff: Re: Installing Edubuntu
Datum: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:22:57 +0200

>> I am with the HP i-community in South Africa and tried installing
>> edubuntu today. It installs fine on my server but thin client
>> workstations boot up till grey graphical screen with an X cursor and
>> hangs there, can't ctrl-alt-backspace etc. Any help?
> did you follow the install notes ?
> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuInstallNotes

This page will not help specifically with the "gray screen of death".

Younus, please see:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Troubleshooting-GrayScreen

There are a few things that can cause the gray screen, and this
document gives good insights into understanding them.

ed