Edubuntu: some observations.......contd

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 13 01:38:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 10:56:17AM +1100, Dan McGarry wrote:
> Wow, it's really refreshing to hear this. I'm on the verge of opening a
> bug report to this effect on Breezy, because (for example) Aptitude just
> blithely assumes that it should download the latest kernel from the net
> when it performs the automatic upgrade.

You explicitly told aptitude to upgrade your system, and you felt that it
was a bug that it tried to carry out your command?

I recognize that there seems to be a need for software from "universe" to be
available in the form of CD images for situations where Internet access is
not available; however, I find the above to be a very strange perspective.

--
 - mdz