edubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 8, Issue 3

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Thu Jan 5 17:25:01 UTC 2006

> > username > > and password. I tried to give a username and
> > password and press > > OK, but screen went black and then grey
> > and X came in the middle > > of the sceen, and finally it goes
> > back to login screen.
> > > to Edubuntu.
> > > problem for me.
> >
> > This needs to be noted in the installation notes for edubuntu.  I had the
> > same challenge that needed the same resolution.  It's undocumented at this
> > point.  mhz enlightened me about the need to do this.
>
> The need to do this under what circumstances?  This command is already run
> by ltsp-build-client during the installation, and there should never be a
> need to run it again unless the server hostname (or possibly IP address) is
> changed.
>
> --
>   - mdz

I don't know what triggers the need to do this.  This was a clean install in a static enviroment, nothing was changed.

One possibility is that there was a problem with my second NIC for the internal network and I replaced the NIC so that might have caused it.  In anycase, this seems to be needed to be documented as it shouldn't hurt to run it twice to fix the login ssh issues with Client logins.  At this reading, it appears that there were three current install enviroments where the user had to use the command to get logins working.