Edubuntu LTSP login window resolution

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 5 16:12:22 UTC 2006

Hi Clint

Clint Tinsley wrote:
> Edubuntu Server:  How do you change the login screen resolution for the LTSP "not pretty" login.  Right now, it is defaulting to 1400X1080 (or higher) and this is going to be a problem for me tonight in doing an edubuntu demo with the client workstation.  I have set the display resolution down for the user sessions to where it is acceptatble and that works okay.

I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try editing
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf, and adding the following lines:

[default]
  X_MODE_0 = 1024x768  #or other resolution that you'd like to use

I'm not sure if X_MODE_0 is implemented yet in Ubuntu LTSP, and my
Internet connection is a bit limited, and I don't have a test thin
client at the moment, so I can't gaurantee that it will work :(

-Jonathan