Edubuntu LTSP problem

Antti Turunen antti.turunen at kemi.fi
Thu Jan 5 04:57:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

I´m try to install Edubuntu-server. I´d like to get LTSP running too, because at the moment I'm using Fedora Core 3 based K12LTSP-server. What should I do when I'm
installing Edubuntu?

When I start installing I press <enter> when it asks what installation I
want to do. Then I made diskpartions (RAID + LVM) and gave an IP-address to my
outgoing ethernet connections.

My Edubuntu starts fine. I made some changes /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf file (server
name and IP-address) Then I give a command sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server start
and my DHCP-service starts.

At this point I try to start my thin client, its working with K12LTSP. Thin
Client starts fine until when it's asking username and password. I tried to give a
username and password and press OK, but screen went black and then grey and X
came in the middle of the sceen, and finally it goes back to login screen.

What am I doing wrong?? What settings should I make, so I can get my thin
client to work?

When I tried to turn on computer which has a 3com 3c509 ethernet card,
computer won't start. It will load PXE but when it tries to make some settings
it reports that cannot make some settings to eth0. So where is the problem??

Regards

Antti Turunen

Kemi/Finland