Edubuntu Daily Install/ Testing daily build iso 2005-12-30

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz.chile at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:50:32 UTC 2006

CC'ed to Clint Tinsley too

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 14:15 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
<SNIP>

> testing dailies is generally fine if you follow the development process
> very close, then you'd have known about the kernel packages being out of
> sync with the kernel metapackages (should be fixed in todays build)
> also if you test dailies, check the list of uninstallable packages on:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/daily/current/report.html
> they show where problems are, a rule of thumb is here, if a edubuntu-*
> package shows up in the list, dont expect the install to finish
> properly ...
> if you don't have the time to do the above or want to be sure the
> install finishes, it would be better to test a flight release, they have
> seen the basic installation tests for all arches once at least, so the
> install should finish, but they might carry lots of undiscovered bugs
> we'd like to hear about ...

Oliver,

as usual... Thank you for such clarifying and simple streight to the
point answers (esp. for newbies like me)

I see your point and as I have borrowed a second HD (80 GB) I am happy
to test as much as I can on it. I can't use Quemu because my hardware is
not powerful enough for it yet, so I can only burn images and go through
the actual process of installing (unless you show there's better options
to do so).

What I'll do then is to get Flight2 and also daily images -reading the
reports first, of course!

Should end-users Testing experiences be wikied for both Flight's and
Daily's or just Flight's?

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.
(56+8)7496071
(56+2)3129513

Edubuntu Chile
www.tecnocimiento.cl/EdubuntuChile
irc.freenode.net | #edubuntu #edubuntu-es

ID #287183
http://counter.li.org

[I dream of things that never were and say 'Why Not?']

/!\ Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales para evitar
conflictos de lectura con otros lectores de correos.